CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY
RA 7687 Scholarships
The applicant must:
- Be a poor, talented and deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators as approved by the Advisory Committee on the S&T Scholarships;
- Be a member of the top five percent (5%) of the regular high school graduating class; or
- A member of the graduating class of a DOST-SEI identified or DepEd recognized science high school;
- Be a natural born Filipino citizen;
- Be a resident of the municipality for the last four years as attested by the barangay/school records;
- Be of good moral character and in good health; and
- Be a qualifier of the S&T Scholarship Examination.
The following are NOT QUALIFIED to apply:
- Those who have earned units in any post-secondary/undergraduate course;
- Those who have taken any previous DOST-SEI Science and Technology Scholarship Examination; and
- Those who have applied for immigrant status in the USA or any other country.
The decision of the DOST Secretary on the selection of awardees is final and unappealable. The names of the awardees are usually published in leading newspapers and can also be seen in the Science Education Institute’s websites at http://www.sei.dost.gov.ph and http://www.science-scholarships.ph.