CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY
DOST-SEI Merit Scholarships
The applicant must:
- Belong to the upper 5% of the high school graduating class;
- Be a natural-born Filipino citizen;
- Be in good health;
- Be of good moral character; and
- Be a qualifier of the S&T Scholarship Examination
The following are NOT QUALIFIED to apply:
- Those who have earned units in any post-secondary/undergraduate course;
- Those who have taken any previous DOST-SEI Science and Technology Scholarship Examination; and
- Those who have applied for immigrant status in the USA or any other country.
The decision of the DOST Secretary on the selection of awardees is final and unappealable. The names of the awardees are usually published in leading newspapers and can also be seen in the Science Education Institute’s websites at http://www.sei.dost.gov.ph and http://www.science-scholarships.ph.