CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY
Search for PSHS Scholars
The Screening Process
Admission to the PSHS System is through the PSHS System National Competitive Examination (PSHS-NCE). It is a two-step screening given to all qualified elementary students.
- The first screening is the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). It consists of tests in Verbal, Abstract Reasoning and Mathematics.
- The second screening is the Science Math Aptitude Test (SMAT). It consists of tests in Science and Mathematics.
All graduating elementary pupils are eligible to apply for the PSHS System NCE Search for Scholars if they:
- belong to the upper 10% of the graduating class (based on Grade 5 ranking) as certified by their School Principal; or have special aptitude in science and math as supported by report card and letters of recommendation
- are Filipino citizens with no pending application as immigrants in any foreign country
- will not be more than 15 years of age by June 2008
- are in good health and are fit to undergo a rigorous academic program
- are of good moral character
- have not taken the PSHS National Competitive Examination.
For more details, please visit PSHS website at http://www.pshs.edu.ph